Recently added comments on the Bulletin Board:
- Thank you to Laura, Bruce and Jared for singing MY HELP COMETH FROM THE LORD… it was a beautiful reminder that ALL of our help comes from God and that we must LIFT OUR EYES!
- Several months ago, a helpful practitioner from Plainfield made a suggestion that I do the Treatment for Every Day. So every morning, I would read it out loud before meditation and prayer work. I also added Mrs. Eddy’s suggestion in Miscellany – Take Notice (p.237). “Give daily attention to p.442, line 30: “Christian Scientists, be a law to yourselves that mental malpractice cannot harm you either when asleep or when awake.”
As a result of this daily practice over the spring, last week I was surprised to find myself shouting out in a bad dream, “There is no power but God that can act! There is no power but God that can act! My whole body shook me awake as I affirmed this Truth. And like in a dream, when I begin to return from sleep, those words became incoherent, but I remembered the truth. There is no power but God that can act! I don’t usually have negative dreams, and don’t recall what was happening in this one, only that strong defense that had become thankfully embedded in my consciousness by doing the Treatment for Every day. It had built a strong foundation.
Thank you for all for helping me grow stronger in Christ.
- Rae from FL
- I was very moved by the powerful and heartfelt testimonies on Wednesday. I feel such gratitude for all of you who shared and for this beautiful Church.
The Plainfield Christian Science Church Independent is such a blessing in my life and evidence of God’s active love and care for me and for all. The activities of the Church from the practitioners to the members sharing, the infinite resources on the website are giving me practical and powerful guidance in LIVING Christian Science. Whenever I doubt that I am being guided and cared for by Divine Love, I quickly remind myself of this Church, Christ Jesus and Mary Baker Eddy and how blessed I am to even know about this Truth. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
- Linda from MA
- Thank you for the daily watches. This week, when I realized that I was watching the whip, the heaviness lifted. Week after week these watches have been relevant and very helpful.
- I wish to say thank you for our calendar and the statements to uplift our thoughts each day. I know that I am not the only one who shares these gems first hand and in notes and letters.
Thank you Plainfield!
- I am very grateful for the Sunday August 8 Roundtable and Service, very inspiring. I feel that there are few places where the warfare with error is so conscientiously and constantly fought as in the Plainfield Church. It seems the hardest thing in the universe for us to realize that Mind is All. It is our eternal substance, and the only substance. There is nothing else, neither can there be.
- Thank you Jacob – good to hear from you!
- Thank you all for the beautiful testimonies last week. The one by a mother whose adult son recently lost his wife shortly after moving into a new home in another state hit home. A year ago, my son-in-law’s young wife died suddenly, leaving a two year old daughter. They had just moved into their dream house and everything seemed to be going well. The shock was enormous. Having practiced CS for many years, I knew the Truth, and could hold the family silently in that inner knowing. There is no death. So when the loving mother shared her testimony about the book, The Ultimate Freedom by John H. Wyndham, I knew I had to read it. And I was go glad that I did. What a powerful demonstration of Divine Love meeting all of his needs while a POW in a Japanese war camp on the island of Jakarta in the 40’s. Divine Mind told him, Control Thought. He etched CT on the wall with a rusty nail. Having read the book, I too have etched CT in my mind. It’s the answer to everything. God is all. God is Love.
Joyful blessings and gratitude to the Plainfield Church,
P.S. The book is available on amazon in kindle format, too.
- Rae from Florida
- I also purchased the book after hearing the testimonies about it and am reading it now. It is wonderful! I like the CT too! Great reminder.
So far, I particularly like this; “The battle was no longer with people and circumstances, but with false thinking which was constantly being corrected and defeated by true thinking.”
- Linda Russell
- Great article! Thank you for the citations explaining “Agree With Thine Adversary Quickly” on the carousel. Each statement explains the same thing with a different example so everyone can understand. They are clear and to the point. They can be used for every claim. Thank you.
- What a powerful Round Table last Sunday. What a “sharp and powerful” rebuke by Mary to the error that was handling the last caller. I really appreciated it so much. It was a great demonstration of how to handle the erroneous thoughts that come to me. ZERO tolerance.
- Linda from MA
- I recently had the privilege of visiting Plainfield Christian Science Church Independent 2 Sundays ago. I want to thank all of you for such a WARM and loving welcome. The church building is SO beautiful and warm just like all of you.
- Linda from MA
Click here to read more on the Bulletin Board