Recently added comments on the Bulletin Board:
- I wish to thank Mrs. Singleterry and the person responsible for posting this outstanding testimony on the daily calendar that come to my phone. Psalm 62 and Hebrews are mentioned to ponder and study. This testimony can be found on the Plainfield website under Audio Library. It is a gem!
- We’ve started listening to “Dominion Within” by Rev. G. A. Kratzer, read by Bruce Singleterry. Thank you Plainfield for providing this useful resource on audio and Bruce for reading it with understanding!
- In “Mary Baker Eddy, Her Spiritual Precepts” Vol. I in referring to prayers about the Josephine Woodbury case Mrs Eddy instructed students to pray impersonally. Part of her words slightly changed are helpful to me in praying about the U.S. presidential election, ” . . . you must know that evil and lies cannot sway the judgment of the [people], and that the judge of the whole earth will govern the [people/voters] and they will do right.
- I believe that infinite Mind has no connection with mortal mind and its supposed activities. Evil and lies DO sway the judgment of the people, and they have done it wrong many times. The only mind we have anything to do with, is our own, and it better be in tune with the divine. The world continues to be the province of mortal mind, and must be as thus completely unreal. The only thing that exists, which IS, is the divine Consciousness. All is infinite Mind, and its infinite manifestation. And in this Mind all is harmony and light.
- The world that “continues to be the province of mortal mind” is the Adam dream – the deep sleep, a mesmerism. And yes, it is of utmost importance that we stay awake and alert having the mind of Christ! Otherwise we begin to dream the dream too and to believe its lies – not a good place to be.
- I did think my suggested way of praying would aid in countering the belief/dream of many minds that could be thinking wrongly. Was this approach unscientific, or misguided in some way, or did I not make it clear?
- It was a great post – thank you for it! Very helpful for working on the election.
- Last night I felt led to look up what Mrs. Eddy has to say about the man of integrity. I found it in Miscellaneous Writings on page 147. It reads in part, “The upright man is guided by a fixed Principle, which destines him to do nothing but what is honorable, and to abhor whatever is base or unworthy; … he … would much rather fail of success than attain it by reproachable means.”
It seems like another great standpoint for praying about our public servants and those aspiring to any office. Integrity as a spiritual quality, having its source in God, is native to man.
- wonderful meeting, nice hymns, was good to be together with ye all.
- I continue being very grateful for Carol´s reading of the addresses by Martha Wilcox. Especially the ones about Consciousness, Evil, Deflection and Healing. I listen to the same ones often, and I find this helps me to get some Truth through my thick skull. Of cause I am grateful for all the readings and activities of this Church.
- The Forum has been a great comfort and has given wonderful encouragement. What a tremendous way to share what everyone is learning about God and Christ Jesus. Thank you!
- I am very thankful for the weekly Roundtables. Each week I take something away from the discussion. This week 2 statements helped me in work I was doing on a problem. The first statement was: “Do you know you have a God given destiny.” The second one was: “There’s no power over you but God.” These statements calmed my fear and helped me to see the unreality of the problem.
I am very grateful for Christian Science as taught in this church.
- Not getting so terribly far with the concept of demonstration I thought the dictionary definition might help. It nearly always does. In this case I found, “Clearly show the existence or truth of something by giving proof or evidence.” How very helpful!
- This Sunday’s 10/16 Roundtable was very helpful to advancing in Science, the discussion of living a demonstrated life, to do everything, all tasks, with God. Thank you very much!
- Much gratitude for yesterday’s Bible study, 10/15. Focusing on one episode, Jesus’ turning the water into wine at the marriage feast in Cana, provided an excellent opportunity to learn many important points in Christian science, developing one’s spiritual sense, and doing everything with god “to the brim” with joy and humility.
- I have started using a derivation of GPS in following God’s direction, God positioning system, guiding me and sending me in the right direction. In those instances where I veer off in the wrong direction, God brings me back to the right road.
- Wonderful, thank you! GPS = God Positioning System. Love it!
- Thank you to Betty from California for moderating the Bible Study on October 8th, 2016. It was especially fun to learn more about the mount of Olives because the spiritual significance surrounding the mount brings a deeper appreciation and understanding of Christ Jesus and the Bible.
Click here to read more on the Bulletin Board