Recently added comments on the Bulletin Board:
- Thank you for the inspirational roundtable discussion on Sunday, June 26th 2016. Thinking about the discussion I recalled that the comment was made that, “You can’t see God you can only feel Him”. I think that I see God in my every experience. If I believe that God is “All” and that God is “everything”, then I truly must believe that I see Him in all of my consciousness. I must believe that God is:
All that there ever was,
All that is, and,
All that there ever will be.
Until I resolve this to myself I will always experience inner conflict between the material and the spiritual.
Barry Morgan, Ga.
- Wow! Thank you for making “REVELATION INTERPRETED” by Rev. G. A. Kratzer available on the Plainfield website, another absolute treasure.
- I want to express my gratitude for the forum on this website. The other day I came home after a demanding day. I needed to quiet my thought and I was having difficulty concentrating. I went to Joseph’s corner on our website and played his piano solos as I read through the forum posts for the week. The ideas expressed on the forum turned my thoughts to God and brought peace. Many times I have been blessed by this weekly and dynamic church activity. Also thank you Joseph for sharing your musical talent.
- Thank you for this post. I hadn’t found the piano solos. Will go listen now!
- This beautiful prayer that has been broken down into ten parts can be found on our Carousel and has supported me on many occasions during busy days. It reminds us to:” Say often: God is my strength. God is my life. God is my health and understanding.” We are told, “however difficult it may seem , to declare times without number, that you are perfect, joyful, triumphant and complete.” Thank you for putting this prayer on the Carousel!
- I was grateful today in going over some notes on Christian Science to find one originally from a Journal Q&A article with a reminder or alert about giving testimonies. The gist of the note is that sometimes in recounting a healing we get to thinking from the standpoint of an improved mortal rather than as the spiritual image and likeness of God. This is not scientific and we need to remember to stay mentally with the spiritual reality. Waking up is the goal and the only reliable support for health and right living.
Thanks be to God for bringing the truth of spiritual being to light through Christ and Christian Science. Per Job, “…there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.” (Job 32:8)
- Many thanks for the excellent Roundtable 6/19/16, emphasizing our need for constant vigilance, never to submerge our demonstrating thought, to be instant in truth always, and the discussion of material history versus our spiritual history.
- Many of us worry about things of the body and Bicknell Young says in his collected writings:” Take care of your bodies as you would a piece of furniture: polish it and keep it clean and then forget it.”
- Thank you for this morning’s wonderful service and music. I feel divinely fed. What a blessing to all!
- So very grateful for the love that Plainfield express to mankind, through the Sunday and Wednesday evening services, Bible Study, Roundtable, Love is the Liberator Magazine and web site. I know this love is felt by all mankind right now and at all times. From Miscellaneous Writings page 277:23-28 No evidence before the material senses can close my eyes to the scientific proof that God, good is supreme. Though clouds are round about Him, the divine justice and judgement are enthroned. Love is especially near in times of hate, and never so near when one can be just amid lawlessness, and render good for evil.
- Yes, thank you for all the inspired readings in Sunday’s service (6/12/16), the message of protection and promise in each of the hymns (99, 246, 226, 71), and the beautiful and very moving piece, “The Prayer” sung by Faith and Jon — all truly a gift to the world.
Click here to read more on the Bulletin Board