Recently added comments on the Bulletin Board:
- Thank you for including on the carousel, the interview with Joe Carter on Spirituals. When he said that the slaves found a “…secret door to take them into that world where the tears are wiped away,” it made me think of what it says in Science and Health, “In divine Science, where prayers are mental, all may avail themselves of God as ‘a very present help in trouble.’”
This audio is absolutely lovely, showing through the most horrific persecution the strength and peace that can be had by turning to an all-encompassing and loving God.
- Thank you for the Roundtable discussion on the Lesson topic of Truth on the 22 of January. Many ideas were covered and some of my favorites are — we are not controlled by a human brain, but rather by God’s intelligence and wisdom. Another is : If you are experiencing some sort of difficulty ask God, “What Truth do I need to know to make me free of this problem?” Truth is always available and powerful!
- Everyday I become more grateful To Mrs. Eddy for all that she has given us. One thing I think about is the Scientific Statement of Being found on page 468 of SCIENCE and HEALTH WITH KEY TO THE SCRIPTURES. It begins… There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is Infinite Mind… This full statement is a perfect treatment. Thank you to God for Mrs. Eddy.
- The current issue is another wonderful read!
It helps answer some of the questions people have about why Plainfield became independent.
Thanks to all the contributors; past and present, and to Luanne for that beautiful painting!!
- This Sunday’s service was wonderful, and the roundtable shared many good insights. I enjoyed listening to Faith and Jon singing “Heaven´s Child,” they make a great team. We are making a difference, because Truth and Love do.
- Thank you, Chardelle, and everyone who contributed to the Bible study today, Jan. 14. These studies are rich with facts and history, which contain so many life lessons that are applicable to my life right now! The principles in Caleb’s life, in wholly following the Lord, are ones to follow and benefit from — thank you all!
- I want to thank Mrs. Roberts for assembling the Forum Highlights. What a gift! I like to get it in print form because I often carry it with me. It is wonderful because it contains all the things we have been learning from the Lesson Sermon and people share their ideas, comment on what others say, and also share their prayers. Here is a small example: “This morning when I read the the Golden Text: Proverbs 16:4 ‘ The LORD hath made all things for Himself.’ I thought – that includes me. So then…..God made me for Himself for a reason… and I am His and not my own…and He cares for me.” Rereading the Highlights from the Forum is a great comfort. Thank you
- “Do you, as you go about your work, feel His nearness and try to keep the feeling fresh and vivid, by occupying heart and mind with Him, by referring everything to His supreme control? By trusting yourselves utterly and absolutely in His hand, and gathering round you, as it were, the sweetness of His love by meditation and reflection, do you try to make conscious to yourselves your Lord’s presence with you? If you do, that presence is to you a blessed reality; if you do not, it is a word that means nothing and is of no help, no stimulus, no protection, no satisfaction, no sweetness whatever to you. The children of the Bridegroom are glad only when, and as, they know that the Bridegroom is with them.” — Click here for the link to the original article (this is on another website)
- I appreciated hearing the Daily Duties after the lesson this week. Joseph read them beautifully with such love and care. Thank you.
- So happy to have spent New Years Day at Plainfield. Can not think of a better way to start the new year. As my husband and sister and I were turning onto Prospect Avenue my husband said to my sister, “Look, there it is”!!! He was referring to the Plainfield Christian Science Church. There it was indeed, looking so regal, showing its strength, power and love to the community and the world. It is really a beautiful site. Very grateful to have been with you all. Many thanks for your tireless dedication in bringing forth Mrs. Eddy’s pure Christian Science.
Click here to read more on the Bulletin Board