Recently added comments on the Bulletin Board:
- I am so grateful for all of the resources provided on the Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent web site. At the Wednesday service (March 29, 2017) a speaker mentioned an article by Peter V. Ross. The article tells us that we are the temple of the living God. This is one of my favorite articles. This article has helped me with physical problems. Just by knowing and repeating, I am the temple of the living God, I was able to go about my day and do all that was required with no restrictions. This is just one example of how the resources on this web site has help me. I am able to find an article for every need. It is a fountain that over flows with love for all. Thank you Plainfield!
- Thank you so much for the Bible Study (3/25) and the Roundtable (3/26), which discussed Revelation, Mrs. Eddy’s place, and the new (now) heaven and the new (now) earth — all so valuable! And thanks very much for including on this Bulletin Board, “Reminiscences of Richard Conwell Shoup” — how wonderful to have this important history to inspire our work for the world!
- I wish to say thank you to Elizabeth for the beautiful as well as powerful readings given last Wednesday on March 22, 2017. Go forth, trust our God. And Christ Jesus said,” Be not afraid!”
- A few hours after last Saturday’s Bible Lesson on “Contentment,” I received a call from Canada expressing gratitude for what was discussed. This is essentially what she said:
I am calling from Canada just to say that I was listening to your Church Bible Lesson this morning and I was really deeply touched and I am grateful to have found your Church, which was referred to me by a friend. I just had to call and let you know that Thank you so much. The references to the women Bible and also to the women in the movie Hidden Figures, about remaining godly inspite of everything and of course to Mrs. Eddy who just never gave up. I know now that I have nothing to complain about but just to trust God and seek His righteousness. Thank you!
- I wish to thank Laura, Bruce, and Jared for their performance of the hymn How Great Thou Art. I felt great joy as they were singing and playing the flute and keyboard. What a beautiful addition of joyful gratitude to God during the service.
- Much gratitude for this very important lesson on the difference between matter and spiritual substance. Though I attended the session, I found it helpful to listen to it again on the recording.
- Thank you Mrs Roberts for the testimony given on March 8th titled Bringing Our All. This testimony is a blessing that allows you to check yourself on your relationship with God to see if you are truly giving your whole self to God, His Love and laws.
- Many thanks for Sunday’s (3/5/17) Roundtable discussion, in which was mentioned a pamphlet printed in 1963, “The Overwhelming Evidence Concerning Spiritual Healings Through Mary Baker Eddy” by Ralph B. Spencer. Mr. Spencer speaks of the “Second Coming of the Christ-spirit. The Second Coming had been prophecied by both St. John and Jesus, and it came as prophecied. We might say that it came in four steps or phases, those of 1844, 1866, 1875, and the one to come, possibly in 1977.”
It was noted that in 1977 was when the lawsuit occurred and Plainfield Christian Science Church was set free from the organization. Now being Independent, they were free to practice Mary Baker Eddy’s pure Revelation of Christian Science, abiding faithfully to every Bylaw in the Manual. We have certainly been learning in our Bible studies that “by their fruits ye shall know them”; this Independent church is practicing the pure love that Christ Jesus requested his followers to do, with resultant healing work.
Jesus replied to the devil, when tempted, “it is written” (Matt. 4), and we have the proofs and the prophesies in the Bible which are the source and the anchor for all that is done in this Independent Plainfield church.
I am extremely grateful that these facts are coming to the surface, to know that the power and the presence of the Lord abides here, and that “God is working His purpose out” (hymn 82).
- I wish to thank everyone who offers testimonies during our Wednesday evening services. These wonderful healing testimonies range from simple heartfelt thanks to detailed reflections of thanks. Each one is a blessing to all who are listening. I often think about these testimonies and use them in my prayers …. thank you.
Click here to read more on the Bulletin Board