Recently added comments on the Bulletin Board:
- Thank you so much, Florence, for the wonderful Instructional Testimony from Wednesday’s meeting- “Obey and Rejoice!” You have opened my eyes to the fact that when we reach out to God for help , he does answer our prayers and we need to listen and obey him. I do trust God loves us and is guiding us always.
As you suggested, sometimes I have been trying to humanly look for a different answer, one that seems to fit into a human way of thinking. I can see now this is not the right way. But to realize when I ask God for help he gives the perfect answer. I absolutely need to listen without doubt and obey!
I am so grateful to the Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent and all that I am learning here.
- With all the political strife in the illusion, Watch 173 seemed like a good remedy.
“WATCH lest you call your brother a fool, and thus be in danger of hell fire. To hold anyone as being a channel for error, or animal magnetism, without rebuking such a picture and making nothing of it, is to call your brother a fool, since you are holding him as cut off from Mind, the only source of wisdom, and making error real.
Since the entire purpose of all error is to cause you to acknowledge the reality of that which is not real, whatever tempts you to admit the existence of a power or person apart from God, becomes the immediate error to be destroyed, whether it appears in yourself or another…”
The Watch is quite lengthy, but well worth the read. Thanks for making the Carpenters’ book 500 Watching Points available through your bookstore.
- Rae from Florida
- I am so grateful for the daily watch prayer which tells us to watch our thinking continually throughout the day and base our activities from the standpoint of Divine Mind and not the human mind. In participating in the Unity Watches during the week and the daily watch prayer, I have been able to keep my thinking more focused on God and the Truth of being. But, I now realize that this real thinking needs to be carried on throughout our entire day into all activities. When I get a wrong thought, I am teaching myself to “drop it” and exchange it for Love and Love’s ideas. Whether I am washing the floor or making the beds, I start from Love and Love’s ideas. The idea of caring for my family and keeping our house clean is a good idea and feels rewarding to me. Or when someone says something mean, I just drop it in thought and know that God sees only himself in them and just loves, loves, loves them. Then, How could I see or feel anything other than that? I mentally just tell myself to “drop it”!
When, I immediately replace the wrong thought with Love, I feel a great sense of peace. I am so grateful to this church and all the members for putting together the Watches and prayers that guide us all to the straight and narrow way of Truth, Life and Love.
- Colleen from MA
- Thank you, Colleen, for this beautiful post. I find it SO helpful !!!
- Linda from MA
- Thank you to Elisabeth for the Readings called the Receptive Heart last night at our Wednesday Evening Testimony Meeting. As I listened to them again I thought of all that is going on in our country and the world and how these powerful words, like a prayer, call to the receptive heart to awaken and heal. “And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”
- Chardelle from PA
- I am most grateful for the reading of the first part of Unity of Good, which has always been my favorite. It contains the whole of Truth. Also I have enjoyed the group singing “solo´s” the last couple of weeks during the Sunday Service. I keep sharing our material on Facebook and with people close to me.
- Jacob from Costa Rica
- Much gratitude for the very helpful Roundtable today, October 8, with the suggestion to begin every morning by affirming the allness of God and the nothingness of evil, and also for the very beautiful service that followed.
- Fairlie from Maryland
- I am so grateful for the awesome testimony meeting last night! Fairlie, I love the way you read! The passages chosen and the way you read them brings light to all that hear!! I can hear God speaking through all the members who spoke and testified last night. The Plainfield Christian Science Church, Independent is such a blessing for mankind.
Thank you to all the selfless members of this loving Church who make such an uplifting difference in all of our lives!!
- Colleen from Massachusetts
- Thank you for the strong lesson this week “ARE SIN, DISEASE, AND DEATH REAL? I love the way it compiles the truths, point by point, that we should all adhere to.
- Candy from Wisconsin
- “The spiritual sense of Life and its grand pursuits is of itself a bliss, health-giving and joy-inspiring. This sense of Life illumes our pathway with the radiance of divine Love; heals man spontaneously, morally and physically,- exhaling the aroma of Jesus’ own words, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
Mary Baker Eddy The New Birth, Miscellaneous Writings, pgs., 19-20 lines 31 & 32 and 1-6
I was given this by a practitioner a few years ago and helped me so much. I was healed of a long standing binge drinking habit of wine. It brought tears of sweet relieve then and continues to give me such peace and comfort.
I am so grateful for the beautiful Bible Study this morning!!
- Colleen from MA
- Thank you for posting A CASE OF HEALING by Martha Wilcox on our carousel. I have read this article in the past , but it wasn’t until this rereading that the power of the Truth sunk in. We can’t be made to believe that some imperfect appearance is true when wholeness, completeness are always right there for us to “see”. And the woman in the article went away from the practitioners’s office restored to normalcy.
- Chardelle from PA
- My husband and I had the opportunity to attend the Sunday, September 24, service in Plainfield. What a treat! Part of the first citation from Science and Health, in the Lesson on REALITY, (which was read on Sunday) says, “Immortal and divine Mind presents the idea of God: first, in light; second, in reflection; third, in spiritual and immortal forms of beauty and goodness.” As soon as we arrived and saw the church, it stood out as a shining light; when greeted by the members, the reflection of Love was palpable; and the whole experience was so good and beautiful. The presence of God abides in this place; what a joy to be able to be there! Many thanks to all!
- Dale W. from Virginia
- It was wonderful to have Dale and her husband visit us and she was such a good sport to sing so beautifully with the group “I am Here Lord.”! – after being asked at the last minute.
Click here to read more on the Bulletin Board